EVENTS @ IFEX 2019
22nd August 2019
11.30 am : Opening Ceremony
3.30 pm :IFEX TALKS / PANEL DISCUSSION
Subject : FUTURE OF FURNITURE INDUSTRY
1) Mr. Alhad Gore
Managing Partner – Beyond Design Architects & Consultants
2) Mr. Ashish Shah
CEO & Founder – Pepperfry
3) Architect Nitin Killawala
Director, Group Seven Architects + Planners Pvt Ltd.
4) Dhiren Gopal
Director - Featherlite
5.30 pm : EDGE Design Contest results & Presentation Ceremony
Furniture Design Contest is an Annual feature of Edge Design awards for the students of Architecture and Design Colleges on national level.
It's an Concept Furniture design competition, featuring promising Student Designers from various colleges to showcase their Unique designs and creativity amongst furniture manufacturers and designers.
- Create Design for Sofas / Sofa Cum Bed
- Children Home Study Desk
- New Age Work Station
- Designing Furniture using Evollae
23rd August 2019
11.00 Am : Speaker Ms. Nirmala Thomas - Director-India Market Development, Forestry Innovation Consulting (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Ms. Nirmala Thomas will speak about “Furniture Solutions with Canadian Wood”.
3.30 pm : IFEX TALKS – Q & A with Speaker Mr. Lalit Hira.
An Internationally acclaimed interior and furniture designer, Founder and publisher of India Art n Design.com & The Creatives' Weekly Infotainer and Founder and Mentor of Gallery Pradarshak.
Mr. Lalit Hira will speak about “Challenges in adaption of design for one to one, one to many, and one to any".
24th August 2019
11.00 am : Speaker Aman Modi- Co-Founder, Tesseract about "Exploring Furniture Design Possibilities with 3D Printing".
3.30 pm : IFEX TALKS – Q & A with Speaker Mr. Nilesh Gandhi - Principal architect, META
ARCHITECT MASTERS FROM CEPT, LEED AP, IGBC AP, TERI GRIHA TRAINER,
EVAULUATOR, EDGE EXPERT.
Mr. Nilesh Gandhi will speak about “GREEN REVOLUTION IN FURNITURE".
- What role do materials play, vis a vis , furniture, sustainability, life cycle assessment , carbon footprint
- How can furniture manufacturers offer green products and solutions
- Reneweability of materials
- Recyclability of materials
- Role of leed, igbc, rating systems and what as manufacturers we need to be aware of Relevant Certifications,
- How do furniture manufacturers brand their enterprises as "green enterprises"